Kyoto Machiya Private Guesthouses
Hana – Angel Villa
A fully renovated, authentic Kyomachiya with over 100 years of history. Guests are greeted by a traditional Kyoto garden, a semi-open-air bath with a garden view, and spacious vaulted ceilings.
This Villa is conveniently located roughly 10 minutes by taxi from Kyoto Station and within walking distance of Shijo Dori, the center of Kyoto's bustling downtown.
This property is a fully renovated, authentic Kyomachiya with over 100 years of history. Enjoy an exterior featuring the intriguing elements unique to Kyomachiya such as lattice, a tiled roof, and bamboo blinds. Inside the property, guests are welcomed into a special space featuring refined Japanese modern styling.
A fushion of stylish interior and traditional Japanese beauty
The 1st floor features a living space with elegant tiled floors, an open kitchen, and a custom-made L-shaped sofa for relaxing in comfort.
The Japanese-style room offers a view of the garden, so you can casually relax while enjoying the serene atmosphere. At night, the garden is illuminated, allowing guests to enjoy a special atmosphere that can only be experienced at Hana - Angel Villa.
The 2nd floor has a Western-style (twin room) and a Japanese-style room. The Western-style room features a counter for enjoying some tea or getting a little work done. At night, you can see the illuminated garden from the room's outdoor terrace. The Japanese-style room features an elegant writing desk. Take in some reading as you enjoy the calmness and serenity.
Sinks are installed on both the 1st and 2nd floors to provide a more comfortable experience for large groups. The walls of the 1st floor bathroom are made from 100% pine, allowing guests to enjoy the unique aroma and atmosphere. From the bath, guests have a lovely view of the garden. The traditional water planter adds to the atmosphere of the relaxing bath.
- 1st Floor: Japanese-style room (futon set x 2)
2nd Floor: Japanese-style room (futon set x 2), Western-style room (single bed x 2)
- 1st Floor: Sink, bathroom (shower, bathtub)
2nd Floor: Sink, bathroom (shower)
- Vehicle parking
- 1st Floor: 1
2nd Floor: 1
- Max. occupants
- 6 people
Facility fixtures and amenities
- Facility fixtures
- Wi-Fi, large-screen TV, speakers (Bose), Apple TV, Netflix
Heated floors, air conditioning, washing machine, humidifier, vacuum cleaner, dryer, iron, and more
- Electric range, refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, electric water pot, table top electric cooking top
Frying pan, cutting board, knives, scissors, bottle opener, peeler, and more
- Rice bowls, soup bowls, plates (large and medium), cohpsticks, spoons, forks, knives, and more
- Drinking glasses
- Long glasses, wine glasses, ice bucket, sake server and cups, and more
- Tea serving set
- Teapot, tea cups, coffee cups
- Green tea, coffee
- Umbrellas (lent to guests)
Full range of amenities
Slippers, toothbrush, cotton swabs, cosmetic cotton
Hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, bath salts
Yukata, obi, tabi (traditional Japanese robe set)
Bath towels, face towels
- Staff will be on site to greet guests, complete check-in, and provide an explanation of facility fixtures and amenities.
- Please order breakfast by 12:00pm the previous day. Breakfast will be delivered to your room roughly between 8:00am to 9:00am the following day.
- Feel free to consult us for assistance with matters such as arranging breakfast, restaurant reservations, sightseeing plans, or reserving a taxi.
- Sightseeing advice
- Feel free to contact us for assistance with your sightseeing plans. Our staff will be happy to help you.
- Please make a reservation in advance. We also hold special events from time to time. Make sure to check our activity page for details.
Tea and coffee
We provide green tea from the tea house Ippodo and Ogawa Coffee, both historic Kyoto brands.
We provided specially selected tableware, glasses, and cookware and encourage our guests to enjoy the experience of purchasing, cooking, and eating local ingredients.
Our bedrooms feature down comforters from the famed Kyoto brand Daito Shingu and a portion of our facilities use Simmons mattresses. We provide a pleasant sleeping environment.
Facilities and amenities
We provide the latest room fixtures and a full range of high-quality amenities.
This service delivers Japanese bento-box meals or a traditional Kyoto Japanese breakfast right to your room. Take this opportunity to enjoy the unique Kyoto ingredients and the traditional food culture of Kyoto.
Staff will guide you through check-in, provide a tour of the facility, and are available to provide advice regarding sightseeing during your stay.
- Hana – Angel Villa
- 2-380-1 Tenshitsukinuke, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8456