Kyoto Machiya Private Guesthouses
Hana – Autumn Villa
A fully renovated, authentic Kyomachiya with over 100 years of history. Guests are welcomed by an extraordinary atmosphere featuring select antique furniture and decorative paintings.
Located in the Shijo Horikawa area, this Villa is within walking distance of Gion Shijo, the center of Kyoto's bustling downtown area. The Villa is also conveniently located just an 8-minute walk from Omiya Station on the Hankyu Line and Shijo Omiya on the Randen Line. By taxi, it is just a 10-minute ride to Kyoto Station.
This Villa is a fully renovated, authentic Kyomachiya with over 100 years of history. Guests are welcomed with a tasteful exterior and a refined interior featuring a modern Japanese design. For the exterior, we refurbished the original door and pristinely polished the brass lattice and stone walkway.
Tiled living room with select antique furniture and decorative paintings
The 1st floor features high ceilings and a living space with tiled floors. The space flows into the Japanese-style room facing the garden to create a spacious interior. The space features antique furniture blended with select lighting fixtures and decorative paintings to create a unique, elegant space.
For the 2nd floor bedroom, we restored the space into an authentic traditional Japanese room. The exposed ceilings show off their splendid beams to create a historical atmosphere. At night, you can see the illuminated garden outside the windows of the sliding doors.
The 2nd floor has one Western-style and one Japanese-style room. The Western-style room is a twin room with 2 single beds. We offer bed frames and mattresses made by Simmons to help provide guests a comfortable sleeping environment. The Japanese-style room can be converted into a bedroom by laying out the provided futon sets (sleeps up to 3 people).
Sinks are installed on both the 1st and 2nd floors to provide convenience and comfort for large groups. The 1st floor bathroom features a 1950's Japan design to create a retro atmosphere. Enjoy views of the garden as you take a warm, relaxing bath.
- 1st Floor: Japanese-style room (futon set x 3)
2nd Floor: Japanese-style room (futon set x 2), Western-style room (single bed x 2)
- 1st Floor: Sink, bathroom (shower, bathtub)
2nd Floor: Sink, bathroom (shower)
- Vehicle parking
- 1st Floor: 1
2nd Floor: 1
- Max. occupants
- 8 people
Facility fixtures and amenities
- Facility fixtures
- Wi-Fi, large-screen TV, speakers (Bose), Apple TV, Netflix
Heated floors, air conditioning, washing machine, humidifier, vacuum cleaner, dryer, iron, and more
- Electric range, refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, electric water pot, table top electric cooking top
Frying pan, cutting board, knives, scissors, bottle opener, peeler, and more
- Rice bowls, soup bowls, plates (large and medium), cohpsticks, spoons, forks, knives, and more
- Drinking glasses
- Long glasses, wine glasses, ice bucket, sake server and cups, and more
- Tea serving set
- Teapot, tea cups, coffee cups
- Green tea, coffee
- Umbrellas (lent to guests)
Full range of amenities
Slippers, toothbrush, cotton swabs, cosmetic cotton
Hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, bath salts
Yukata, obi, tabi (traditional Japanese robe set)
Bath towels, face towels
- Staff will be on site to greet guests, complete check-in, and provide an explanation of facility fixtures and amenities.
- Please order breakfast by 12:00pm the previous day. Breakfast will be delivered to your room roughly between 8:00am to 9:00am the following day.
- Feel free to consult us for assistance with matters such as arranging breakfast, restaurant reservations, sightseeing plans, or reserving a taxi.
- Sightseeing advice
- Feel free to contact us for assistance with your sightseeing plans. Our staff will be happy to help you.
- Please make a reservation in advance. We also hold special events from time to time. Make sure to check our activity page for details.
Tea and coffee
We provide green tea from the tea house Ippodo and Ogawa Coffee, both historic Kyoto brands.
We provided specially selected tableware, glasses, and cookware and encourage our guests to enjoy the experience of purchasing, cooking, and eating local ingredients.
Our bedrooms feature down comforters from the famed Kyoto brand Daito Shingu and a portion of our facilities use Simmons mattresses. We provide a pleasant sleeping environment.
Facilities and amenities
We provide the latest room fixtures and a full range of high-quality amenities.
This service delivers Japanese bento-box meals or a traditional Kyoto Japanese breakfast right to your room. Take this opportunity to enjoy the unique Kyoto ingredients and the traditional food culture of Kyoto.
Staff will guide you through check-in, provide a tour of the facility, and are available to provide advice regarding sightseeing during your stay.
- Hana – Autumn Villa
- 611 Nishidacho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, 600-8397