Kyoto Machiya Private Guesthouses
Hana – Lucky Villa
A fully renovated, authentic Kyomachiya with over 100 years of history. Guests are greeted by a traditional Kyoto garden, an annex with a semi-open-air bath, and spacious vaulted ceilings.
Located in the Shijo Horikawa area, this Villa is within walking distance of Gion Shijo, the center of Kyoto's bustling downtown area. The Villa is also conveniently located just an 8-minute walk from Omiya Station on the Hankyu Line and Shijo Omiya on the Randen Line. By taxi, it is just a 10-minute ride to Kyoto Station.
This property is a fully renovated, authentic Kyomachiya with over 100 years of history that was built in the mezzanine-style of construction. This style is unique for having 2nd floor ceilings that are lower towards the front of the property. The property is also unique for windows featuring an ultra-fine lattice pattern. These features provide an enjoyable experience that is unique to Kyomachiya.
A luxurious living room with atrium ceilings for full view of the inner garden
The living space features atrium ceilings that provide an uninterrupted view of the inner garden. This space is highly popular among guests as a relaxing space for dining and entertaining.
Guests also enjoy the depth of the full-sized garden and the spacious bath that can be enjoyed by the entire family at once. Open the bathroom window to create a continuous space between the bath and garden for an atmosphere that closely resembles an open-air bath.
The 1st floor has one Western-style room. The 2nd floor also has one Western-style room as well as a Japanese-style room. Overall, this property can accomodate up to 6 guests. The 2nd floor Japanese-style room can also be used as an elegant tea room. The 2nd floor Western-style room features a large lantern-style light and has a clear view of the 1st floor living room and garden.
The entire property features 3 locations with running water. All are high-grade fixtures with elegant designs and blended with stylish interior. Another unique feature of the property is in the 2nd floor washroom, where you'll find a wide counter and mirror that are over 2 meters long.
- 1st Floor: Western-style room (single bed x 2)
2nd Floor: Western-style room (single bed x 2), Japanese-style room (futon set x 2)
- 1st Floor: Sink, bathroom (bathtub, shower) / Sink, bathroom (shower)
2nd Floor: Sink, bathroom (shower)
- Vehicle parking
- 1st Floor: 1
2nd Floor: 1
- Max. occupants
- 6 people
Facility fixtures and amenities
- Facility fixtures
- Wi-Fi, large-screen TV, Apple TV, Netflix
Heated floors, air conditioning, washing machine, humidifier, vacuum cleaner, dryer, iron, and more
- Electric range, refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, electric water pot, table top electric cooking top
Frying pan, cutting board, knives, scissors, bottle opener, peeler, and more
- Rice bowls, soup bowls, plates (large and medium), cohpsticks, spoons, forks, knives, and more
- Drinking glasses
- Long glasses, wine glasses, ice bucket, sake server and cups, and more
- Tea serving set
- Teapot, tea cups, coffee cups
- Green tea, coffee
- Umbrellas (lent to guests)
Full range of amenities
Slippers, toothbrush, cotton swabs, cosmetic cotton
Hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, bath salts
Bath towels, face towels
- We prepared welcome drink and Japanese sweets to welcome your coming.
- Please order breakfast by 12:00pm the previous day. Breakfast will be delivered to your room roughly between 8:00am to 9:00am the following day.
- Feel free to consult us for assistance with matters such as arranging breakfast, restaurant reservations, sightseeing plans, or reserving a taxi.
- Please make a reservation in advance. We also hold special events from time to time. Make sure to check our activity page for details.
Tea and coffee
We provide green tea from the tea house Ippodo and Hana original Coffee.
We provided specially selected tableware, glasses, and cookware and encourage our guests to enjoy the experience of purchasing, cooking, and eating local ingredients.
Our bedrooms feature down comforters from the famed Kyoto brand Daito Shingu and a portion of our facilities use Simmons mattresses. We provide a pleasant sleeping environment.
Facilities and amenities
We provide the latest room fixtures and a full range of high-quality amenities.
This service delivers a traditional Kyoto Japanese breakfast right to your room. Take this opportunity to enjoy the unique Kyoto ingredients and the traditional food culture of Kyoto.
Staff will guide you through check-in, provide a tour of the facility, and are available to provide advice regarding sightseeing during your stay.
- Hana – Lucky Villa
444 Kichimonji-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 444 600-8352