Kyoto Machiya Private Guesthouses
Hana – Tale Villa
A simple yet chic black wood exterior combined with a functional and elegant interior space. At the entrance, visitors are welcomed by an authentic Japanese garden with a beautiful water planter.
Located in the Higashiyama area, this Villa is roughly a 5-minute walk to the Kiyomizu Temple area, a popular tourist spot. The Villa is also conveniently located just a 5-minute walk from Kiyomizu Gojo Station. By taxi, it is just a 10-minute ride to Kyoto Station.
Guests are welcomed by a chic black wood exterior and a refined interior featuring a modern Japanese design. Beyond the noren curtain, guests will find a large water planter in a garden bursting with atmosphere, another one of the highlights of this Villa. In addition to the two gardens, the kitchen, living room, and sink have all been consolidated onto the 1st floor. A 1st floor space where everyone will want to gather when not sleeping. We have provided a functional and exciting space.
An elegant living space with stylish furniture
The 1st floor features a spacious living room and a stylish kitchen counter. The living room features a custom-made L-shaped sofa for comfortable sitting, a large table made from a single piece of wood, and a large TV. This is an elegant space where guests can relax in a calming atmosphere.
The 2nd floor features 3 different types of bedrooms. The main bedroom is a Japanese-style room with tatami mats and a side room to create an atmosphere rich with Japanese tradition (sleeps up to 3 people). The 2nd floor bedroom features two Simmons double beds to provide the highest level of sleeping comfort.
There are two sinks on the 1st floor. The floors and walls are finished with chic black tiles, and the wash basin is finished with black plaster, creating a stylish space with additional atmosphere provided by indirect lighting. The spacious wash basin and the large Shigaraki-style bathtub are also popular among our guests. Enjoy the four seasons while slowly soaking in the bathtub and gazing out at the garden.
- 2nd Floor: Japanese-style room (futon set x 3), Japanese-style room (futon set x 2),
2nd Floor: Western-style room (single bed x 2)
- 1st Floor: Sink, bathroom (shower, bathtub) *Shigaraki-style tub
1st Floor: Sink, bathroom (shower)
- Vehicle parking
- 1st Floor: 2
- Max. occupants
- 7 people
Facility fixtures and amenities
- Facility fixtures
- Wi-Fi, large-screen TV, Apple TV, Netflix
Heated floors, air conditioning, washing machine, humidifier, vacuum cleaner, dryer, iron, and more
- Electric range, refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, electric water pot, table top electric cooking top
Frying pan, cutting board, knives, scissors, bottle opener, peeler, and more
- Rice bowls, soup bowls, plates (large and medium), cohpsticks, spoons, forks, knives, and more
- Drinking glasses
- Long glasses, wine glasses, ice bucket, sake server and cups, and more
- Tea serving set
- Teapot, tea cups, coffee cups
- Green tea, coffee
- Umbrellas (lent to guests)
Full range of amenities
Slippers, toothbrush, cotton swabs, cosmetic cotton
Hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, bath salts
Bath towels, face towels
- We prepared welcome drink and Japanese sweets to welcome your coming.
- Feel free to consult us for assistance with matters such as arranging breakfast, restaurant reservations, sightseeing plans, or reserving a taxi.
- Please make a reservation in advance. We also hold special events from time to time. Make sure to check our activity page for details.
Tea and coffee
We provide green tea from the tea house Ippodo and Hana original Coffee.
We provided specially selected tableware, glasses, and cookware and encourage our guests to enjoy the experience of purchasing, cooking, and eating local ingredients.
Our bedrooms feature down comforters from the famed Kyoto brand Daito Shingu and a portion of our facilities use Simmons mattresses. We provide a pleasant sleeping environment.
Facilities and amenities
We provide the latest room fixtures and a full range of high-quality amenities.
- Hana – Tale Villa
566-2 Kanei-cho, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, 605-0875