Kyoto Machiya Private Guesthouses
Hana – Starry Villa
A fully renovated, authentic Kyomachiya with over 100 years of history. Guests are greeted by a luxurious space designed by a popular Kyoto design office that resembles an international luxury hotel.
This Villa is conveniently located roughly 10 minutes by taxi from Kyoto Station and within walking distance of Shijo Dori, the center of Kyoto's bustling downtown.
The exterior is a simple plaster wall while the interior features a high-quality space where guests will enjoy the luxurious atmosphere. The ingenuity and aesthetic of the designers are on display throughout the Villa. Enjoy the atmosphere created by the washroom tiles, luxurious lighting, and European-style antique furniture.
Luxurious space with the warmth and sophistication of an international hotel
Beyond the entrance is one of the highlights of this property, a dining table with a built-in kitchen at the front. Towards the back is a calm living space facing the garden. This is an elegant space where guests can relax and unwind.
The space directly above the stairs leading to the 2nd floor features vaulted ceilings exposing a large lantern-style light. This wonderful interior piece was created by Kojima Shoten, a historic lantern shop in Kyoto.
The 2nd floor has one Western-style and one Japanese-style room. The Western-style room is a twin room with 2 single beds. We offer bed frames and mattresses made by Simmons to help provide guests a comfortable sleeping environment. The Japanese-style room can also be converted into a bedroom (sleeps up to 2 people). Both rooms feature ceilings with exposed beams to provide a spacious and relaxing atmosphere.
Sinks are installed on both the 1st and 2nd floors to provide convenience and comfort for large groups. The 1st floor is designed to resemble an open-air bath where you can enjoy views of the garden.
- 1st Floor: Japanese-style room (futon set x 2)
2nd Floor: Japanese-style room (futon set x 2), Western-style room (single bed x 2)
- 1st Floor: Sink, bathroom (shower, bathtub)
2nd Floor: Sink, bathroom (shower)
- Vehicle parking
- 1st Floor: 1
2nd Floor: 1
- Max. occupants
Facility fixtures and amenities
- Facility fixtures
- Wi-Fi, large-screen TV, Apple TV, Netflix
Heated floors, air conditioning, washing machine, humidifier, vacuum cleaner, dryer, iron, and more
- Electric range, refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, electric water pot, table top electric cooking top
Frying pan, cutting board, knives, scissors, bottle opener, peeler, and more
- Rice bowls, soup bowls, plates (large and medium), cohpsticks, spoons, forks, knives, and more
- Drinking glasses
- Long glasses, wine glasses, ice bucket, sake server and cups, and more
- Tea serving set
- Teapot, tea cups, coffee cups
- Green tea, coffee
- Umbrellas (lent to guests)
Full range of amenities
Slippers, toothbrush, cotton swabs, cosmetic cotton
Hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, bath salts
Bath towels, face towels
- We prepared welcome drink and Japanese sweets to welcome your coming.
- Feel free to consult us for assistance with matters such as arranging breakfast, restaurant reservations, sightseeing plans, or reserving a taxi.
- Please make a reservation in advance. We also hold special events from time to time. Make sure to check our activity page for details.
Tea and coffee
We provide green tea from the tea house Ippodo and Hana original Coffee.
We provided specially selected tableware, glasses, and cookware and encourage our guests to enjoy the experience of purchasing, cooking, and eating local ingredients.
Our bedrooms feature down comforters from the famed Kyoto brand Daito Shingu and a portion of our facilities use Simmons mattresses. We provide a pleasant sleeping environment.
Facilities and amenities
We provide the latest room fixtures and a full range of high-quality amenities.
- Hana – Starry Villa
487-1 Kanayacho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, 600-8323