Kyoto Machiya Private Guesthouses
Hana – Harmong Villa
Luxurious and functional, boasting numerous enhancements and features. This is the first property to carry the Hana Premium name given to the highest grade of Hana properties.
This Villa is conveniently located roughly 10 minutes by taxi from Kyoto Station and within walking distance of Shijo Dori, the center of Kyoto's bustling downtown.
This property is a fully renovated, authentic Kyomachiya with over 100 years of history. Guests are welcomed with a tasteful exterior unique to Kyoto and a refined interior featuring a modern Japanese design.
This Villa is part of the Hana Premium series, the highest grade of Hana properties. The floor area is nearly twice as large as our standard property, and the Villa offers an enhanced array of facilities, fixtures, and activities for our guests.
A theater for enjoying meals and events with views of the authentic garden
The spacious living area features a counter where you can enjoy a culinary experience provided by a professional chef and a dining table that seats up to 8 people. Take in views of the authentic garden as you enjoy your meal and entertainment. We offer optional activities unique to this facility. Guests can experience a tea ceremony, flower arrangement, kaiseki cuisine prepred in-person, and maiko performers.
The bathroom offering views of the authentic garden from the bath is particularly popular among guests. Open the bathroom window to create a continuous space between the bath and garden for an atmosphere that closely resembles an open-air bath.
There are two bedrooms on the 2nd floor, one of which is a double room with one double bed. The bedroom facing the garden in the back is a large twin room with two double beds. Each bedroom features Simmons mattresses to provide a comfortable sleeping experience. The 1st floor Japanese-style room can be converted into a bedroom by laying out the provided futon sets (sleeps up to 3 people). For groups with a larger number of guests, there is a lounge space in the back of the garden on the 1st floor for relaxing, and this space can also be used as a bedroom (up to 2 people).
Each room is fully equipped with a sink, with 4 locations in total on the 1st and 2nd floors. The main sink area facing the courtyard on the 1st floor features an extraordinary space with wash basin counter made from a single piece of wood that exceeds some 3 meters. There is also a semi-open-air bath that is large enough to accommodate several adults at the same time, a popular feature among our guests. Guests can also enjoy the unique Japanese experience of a cypress bath in the bathroom on the 2nd floor.
- 1st Floor: Japanese-style room (futon set x 3), Western-style room (double bed x 1)
2nd Floor: Japanese-style room (double bed x 2), Western-style room (double bed x 1)
- 1st Floor: Sink, bathroom (bathtub, shower) / Sink, bathroom (shower)
2nd Floor: Sink, bathroom (bathtub, shower) / Sink, bathroom (shower)
- Vehicle parking
- 1st Floor: 2
2nd Floor: 2
- Max. occupants
- 9 people
Facility fixtures and amenities
- Facility fixtures
- Wi-Fi, large-screen TV, speakers (Bose), Apple TV, Netflix
Heated floors, air conditioning, washing machine, humidifier, vacuum cleaner, dryer, iron, and more
- Electric range, refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, electric water pot, table top electric cooking top
Frying pan, cutting board, knives, scissors, bottle opener, peeler, and more
- Rice bowls, soup bowls, plates (large and medium), cohpsticks, spoons, forks, knives, and more
- Drinking glasses
- Long glasses, wine glasses, ice bucket, sake server and cups, and more
- Tea serving set
- Teapot, tea cups, coffee cups
- Green tea, coffee
- Umbrellas (lent to guests)
Full range of amenities
Slippers, toothbrush, cotton swabs, cosmetic cotton
Hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, bath salts
Yukata, obi, tabi (traditional Japanese robe set)
Bath towels, face towels
- Staff will be on site to greet guests, complete check-in, and provide an explanation of facility fixtures and amenities.
- Please order breakfast by 12:00pm the previous day. Breakfast will be delivered to your room roughly between 8:00am to 9:00am the following day.
- Feel free to consult us for assistance with matters such as arranging breakfast, restaurant reservations, sightseeing plans, or reserving a taxi.
- Sightseeing advice
- Feel free to contact us for assistance with your sightseeing plans. Our staff will be happy to help you.
- Please make a reservation in advance. We also hold special events from time to time. Make sure to check our activity page for details.
Tea and coffee
We provide green tea from the tea house Ippodo and Ogawa Coffee, both historic Kyoto brands.
We provided specially selected tableware, glasses, and cookware and encourage our guests to enjoy the experience of purchasing, cooking, and eating local ingredients.
Our bedrooms feature down comforters from the famed Kyoto brand Daito Shingu and a portion of our facilities use Simmons mattresses. We provide a pleasant sleeping environment.
Facilities and amenities
We provide the latest room fixtures and a full range of high-quality amenities.
This service delivers Japanese bento-box meals or a traditional Kyoto Japanese breakfast right to your room. Take this opportunity to enjoy the unique Kyoto ingredients and the traditional food culture of Kyoto.
Staff will guide you through check-in, provide a tour of the facility, and are available to provide advice regarding sightseeing during your stay.
- Hana – Harmong Villa
- 344 Takatsujiinokuma-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, 600-8353