FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Frequently Asked Questions About Bookings and Accommodations
And I have posted the answers (questions and answers) together, so I would like to introduce them.
- QHow many months ahead could the reservation be made?
- We accept reservations half a year ahead. Please contact us directly if the dates are not yet shown on the calendar.
TEL : 075-708-8568
Inquiries by email
- QPlease tell me about the reservation procedure.
- Please see the “Reservation” page for the reservation procedure.
- QCan I pay by credit card?
- Credit card transactions are acceptable. In principle, the person who is making the reservation should be the card holder. If the names are not matching, we would require permission from the card holder, extra paper work would have to be completed.
- QIs it okay if the traveler is not the one making reservation?
- Yes, it is fine but please inform us the traveller’s name and contact.
- QWhat does the rent include?
- Accommodation, cleaning and consumption tax. There is no service charge.
Kyoto city launched the policy of accommodation tax since October 1st, 2018. The tax would be collected accordingly when checking in.
Regarding accommodation tax (URL)
- QIs there anything specifically about children?
- Accommodation is available for children of any age. If the baby is under 2 years old, we could provide a free crib. If the child is under 5 years old, the option of sharing bed is available, 2 guests could share one futon. For bedding, it is the same as adults, if an extra bed is required, child would be counting as adult. Children over 6 years old are included in the number of adults automatically. Please contact for more information if needed.
- QRegarding exceeding the maximum staying number.
- In accordance with the regulations, accommodation in excess of the required number is not acceptable.
- QCan I still change the number of travelers after reserving?
- The number of guests can be increased or decreased up to 3 days prior to the date of stay. For a significant decrease in the number of people, follow the cancellation policy.
- QDo I still need to pay if the reservation is canceled?
- You will be charged a cancellation fee at least 30 days prior to your reservation. The usage fee has been paid in advance by credit card payment or bank transfer, and the reservation will be confirmed when the payment is confirmed. Please note that the following cancellation fees will be charged for cancellation after confirmation, depending on the period. Please refer to the Accommodation Terms and Conditions for cancellation fees.
- QThe address of my guesthouse
- After the booking is completed, the detailed address, map and means of transportation will be sent to you by email.
- QCan I leave my luggage before checking in?
- Since there is no on-duty staff in the facility, if you want to leave your luggage before check-in, please mail your luggage to our office address. “〒604-0983 京都市中京区麸屋町通夷川上る笹屋町459 YOビルヂング2階 株式会社 東成 宛て” Our staff will bring the luggage to the guesthouse when checking in.
- QCheck-in and check-out time
- Check-in time: 15:00 ~ 18:00, check out time: ~ 11:00 Early check-in and late check-out are not accepted in principle.
Early check-in and late check-out are not accepted in principle.
- QWhat do I have to do to check in?
- According to the regulations of Kyoto City, we need to confirm the check-in number and the identity of the check-in personnel, and explain the relevant matters needing attention. The staff will serve according to your arrival time, so please inform us of your scheduled arrival time by email or telephone. Please go directly to the guesthouse. If you arrive at the facility before our check-in staff, please use the electronic lock password forwarded to you in advance to rest in the room first and wait for a bit.
- QRegarding keys
- Since it is an electronic lock, no key will be handed over. After the reservation is made, we will issue a personal identification number for you and contact you.
- QDo you provide toiletries, towels, bath towels?
- Toiletries, towels and bath towels will be prepared according to the number of residents. For details, please go to the home page for confirmation.
- QDo you have pajamas and bathrobe?
- A number of bathrobes are prepared on site. Children have special bathrobes but no pajamas.
A number of bathrobes are prepared on site. Children have special bathrobes.
- QWhat is the max number of children sharing bed with adult.
- We accept two children under 5 years old sharing bed at maximum.
- QHow to change towels and add more toiletries
- When staying for no more than 3 nights, one set of toiletry supplies will be prepared for each person per day according to the number of days. When staying for 4 nights or more, 3 days dosage will be prepared in the house, and then we replace and replenish every 3 days. There is no extra charge.
- QRoom cleaning and sheets changing
- Additional fee will be charged for room cleaning and sheets replacement during your stay. Room cleaning: charge 10,000 yen ~14,000 yen for each house. Different house’s charges are different. Sheet change: 1,000 yen per set. It is not mandatory to clean the room.
If you are staying for longer than a week, cleaning is recommended, but not mandatory.
- QDo you provide meals?
- Three different types breakfast services are available for a surcharge. It will be delivered to the property between 7:00 and 8:30am.
The breakfast menu is here.
- QHow do I check out?
- The check-out will be until 11:00 am. Please close the door, make sure the door is locked before leaving. Our staff will not be on site.
- QIs there a parking lot?
- Please use the nearest paid coin parking lot except for the facilities listed as having parking facilities. Coin parking information is posted on each accommodation details page, please check for further information.
- QFacilities in the property
- For details, please refer to the guest room page of each inn.
- Q If something happens during your stay, can you respond at any time?
- If you have any questions or problems during your stay, the reception hours are usually from 9:00 to 18:00. In addition, emergency response is accepted 24 hours a day.
- QIs there a smoking area in the facility?
- We are sorry, but smoking is not allowed in all our houses. The Machiya house is wooden structured. We apologize for the inconvenience, thank you for your understanding.
- QIs there an Internet connection?
- All facilities are equipped with Internet.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.